Saturday, March 5, 2011

Rainy Days: The Good, The Bad, and... well, Wet I suppose...

"I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again."

I, personally, love rainy days.  I like to cuddle up under a big blanket and read, watch a DVD with popcorn, or walk out and sit on the bench in the courtyard and stare up at the sky (possible with glasses).

But, as a worker, I hate rainy days.  Only because everyone comes to the theater when it rains.  How backwards is that?  Why go out and get wet and cold, sit in an air conditioned theater, and drink cold soda?  All the while complaining about being cold, the popcorn prices, or why are there so many people in the theater.  Trust me I don't know the answer to the third question and the rest of them I can't answer because it would only piss off the guest.  Lord knows we don't want to do that, customer is always wrong right and all that jazz.


Today was like that.  It has been raining since this morning and I love it up until I walk into work.  Then I'm thrown on reg and am forced to deal with people who have no idea what they are doing.  I ask if they want a drink they say large popcorn.  I repeat my question and they say no.  Then as I'm ringing them up the ask for a large coke.  I feel the veins pulse in my forehead when they pull that.  Are they deaf or doing it on purpose?

After shift was nice.  I stopped in at Jamba and grabbed a white gummie and pizza.  It was still drizzling so I walked home barefoot.  I took a warm shower when I got home, finished my gummie and pizza, and now I'm writing this.  After this I'll feed the boys, play some video game, and pass out under my wonderful thick blanket.

Adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment